Ok this is just going to be one LONG BEDA entry for all the Wifi-less days that have left me powerless.
I'm going to divide this blog in parts so that if you don't care about what I'm writing, you can simply not read it ;D
OK. So. Parts.
PART 1 - Dollhouse and Joss Whedon's general amazingness.
PART 2 - The Lonely Doctor.
PART 3 - Nekkid photos ;)
PART 4 - General nonsense.
Allons-y Alonso!
PART 1 - Dollhouse and Joss Whedon's general amazingness.
So this weekend I finished Dollhouse. I felt quite proud of myself considering I didn't think I was actually going to finish it. I knew I didn't have much of the season left to finish, but I figured that my general laziness and the fact that I have about a week or two to finish two books would hold me back.
So it turns out I stopped watching just when things started to get intense/deep/WHOA.
Dollhouse is about an organization that turns fantasy into reality. They supply "Actives", Actives are people who are given different personalities and skills based on the job they're set to do. They can be the perfect lover, doctor, killer, they can be turned into anything. The story follows an Active named Echo (played by Eliza Dushku who played Faith in Buffy and she's supermegafoxyawesomehot) and the jobs she is hired to do. At the same time an FBI Agent learns more about the Dollhouse and wants to take it down.
The thing I love about the show is that it says a lot about people and their needs and loneliness. I feel like Joss has an understanding of people that most just don't have. Buffy was a show about life, growing up and the dark times that everyone goes through, and showing that you can get past them. Angel was about redemption and how a person can change and Firefly....well honestly it's been a while since I've seen Firefly so I'll have to rewatch that and come back to this.
Anyway as Dollhouse advances you start to see how awful being lonely can feel and how some people would do anything to try and make that feeling go away even if it means being with someone who basically isn't real.
What really got me was seeing a character who has is relatively strong with an Active. I think it represented the mask that some people put on to hide what they're feeling inside. This character was a very lonely and desperate but you would have never been able to tell. This character realized how desperate she was and she thought it was pathetic. She knows that this man, this perfect man that she created is not real and will never be real.
It just...ah. It was crazy and deep and ah. You HAVE to watch it. It's also creepy. Some of the ideas that went into this show were just so great and ah. Yes. Fantastic show.
Joss just has this way of getting to me. He creates the best characters and writes the best stuff, he knows how to push my buttons. (I push your mum's buttons)
It's pretty much my DREAM to be part of the Joss Whedon family. He is freaking awesome.
OK. Moving on.
PART 2 - The Lonely Doctor.
This is kind of a response to Alex's comment on my Doctor Who blog about how I should be feeling bad about the Doctor and other things that I can't remember at this current moment.
This section is going to be my thoughts on the Doctor's character and such.
The Doctor is a FANTASTIC character. And I'll start now by saying I will ETERNALLY feel bad for him.
The thing about the Doctor is that he is always alone. He can't fall in love or form an eternal friendship because in the end it's just him, he is the last of his kind and nothing will ever change that. It's heartbreaking to see him with these companions because of how they effect him and how the bonds between them are so strong but in the end he can't stay with them.
The Rose storyline was heartbreaking because the Doctor was basically depressed throughout the first season and Rose changed him. She gave him happiness, a sense of mercy and they were both slowly falling for each other. As the series advanced they grew closer and closer and you didn't even think about what was going to happen in their future because they were so happy together. But the Doctor ended up alone in the end. He lost Rose in a parallell dimension and even when they were reunited he gave her up for the greater good. That's what's wonderful and tragic about the Doctor. Everyone comes before him. He would easily sacrifice himself for even his worst enemy if it could save them.
I still stick by my "I feel bad for Rose" and I feel worse for Donna. No one gets a happy ending in Doctor Who. Except for maybe Mickey? And maybe Martha. But she didn't get the Doctor which sucks but it was never really that serious. She's engaged so I guess she's happy.
Anyway. I can't stop thinking about Donna Noble. I'll miss her so much.
PART 3 - Nekkid photos ;)
You're sick.
Part 4 - General nonsense.
So. Hey. It's been a while hasn't it? Tis what I get when I'm away from the interwebz for long periods of time. But my internet-less time is always somewhat productive. I mean, without it I can actually read or watch Doctor Who because I don't have the EFAO chat room to distract me.
Did I mention that I hate being away from YouTube? It's SO annoying. I have all these subs and it's insane. But I love my subs. I was dying of laughter at a wheezywaiter video today.
ALSO, I think I'm going to buy a StarKid shirt. But you guys have to tell me which one I should get because I don't know. I really want a Granger Danger shirt because A) I'm in love with Hermione Granger B) The song is fantastic.
But I also want the supermegafoxyawesomehot shirt and the "Keep Calm, It's gonna be totally awesome" shirt.
Give me your vote. I think I'm going with either Granger Danger or Totally Awesome but I don't know.
Oh! I think it's pretty much set that I'm going to LeakyCon. I just don't know WHO I'm going with. And as for hotels I'm kind of hoping to just stay with random peepz. Apparently Kara has a room plan that I might join in on. We shall see.
I'm so stoked for Leaky. I've constructed a list of things I need to do at LeakyCon:
- Eat chipotle with hayleyghoover
- Dance with Kristina and Alex at the ball.
- Marry Sierra and dance again to Hey Molly by Mike Lombardo.
- Punch dance with Blaire
- Eat corn with Maddy
- Sing "End of an Era" and "This is Never Gonna End" with lots of people at DH part 2
- Hang out with the CoWs/Lane2Leakycon people.
- Play an original Wrock song (doesn't have to be on stage or anything but I want to have a couple decent songs written by then and playing them would be fun)
The list shall grow. And I really don't want to link all of these people I'm sorry.
I think this wraps up the blog. It wasn't as long as I thought it would be but I enjoyed writing it anyway.
Also, I suck. Blogger is like some sort of new technology because I was trying to follow Alice (who I realized followed me a while ago and got really excited because I think you're a CoW, Alice. If you're not a CoW then I'm pretty sure you're a Lane2LeakyCon member. If you're neither, then this will be very embarassing.) and it took my a bajillion years to follow her back. *sigh*
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it.
-Patrick
EDIT: I changed my mind. It's long enough. (That's what she said)
Okay, I realize that this whole time I've been this random girl that comments on your blogs. I'm
ReplyDelete1. In CoW
2. A big fan of the Granger Danger shirt...just sayin'
3. in a perfect world, Hayleyghoover would be my best friend or big sister. J'adore
4. You're one of those canadians amiright?
AHhh Leakycon is so stressful/expencive. oy. But yes, singing End of an Era will make it all worth it
Aw dangggg! I want ALL THOSE SHIRTS! AHHH Go for granger danger though :D
ReplyDeleteYAYYYAYYAYAYAYYY Patricks going to leakycon AHHHHHHHHHHHH
this made me excitedd! I miss my fellow asainnnn! Make more blogs PUH LEASEEEEEEE
=D LeakyCon will be epic. And the Doctor is SAD.
ReplyDelete