Saturday, August 7, 2010

BEDA #5 - Ramblerambleramble

I think I’m cutting this intro thing. I’ll just go right into it, most people do that. I seem to be the only one attempting to make an intro. I always tend to do that. I feel like writing pieces are incomplete without intros. Whatever.

This is my second intro about intros. *facepalm*

Today was kind of a relief, practice was finished early so I got home at about 1:00. Remember that list of anime movies we were going to watch? Right. We only watched one of those, we watched a movie called Summer Wars which was released recently so although it was a fantastic movie, I didn’t get to redeem any lost childhood moments. So Spirited Away and Howl’s Moving Castle will have to wait until another day.

I also got Doctor Who Series 4 from Alex today. Technically it was from Sophie because she dropped it off at Alex’s house but I got it nonetheless. I watched a few episodes tonight and one at Miko’s house, I watched The Poison Sky, The Doctor's Daughter, The Unicorn and the Wasp Silence in the Library, Forest of the Dead and Midnight.
All the episodes were FANTASTIC. I heard the Library episodes were scary but I didn’t think they were. But the story of the two were great, Steven Moffat is my favorite writer on Doctor Who. He wrote Blink which is one of my favorite episodes. I heard from dear friend Annie that Midnight was scarier but it wasn’t very scary either. It was pretty creepy, with the mixture of the blonde woman with the haunting eyes and human nature. Humans see things that they think may threaten them and the first thing they do is put up a fight. Kill or be killed. That’s why the Doctor is such a great character; he always gives the enemy a choice. He’s knows exactly what taking a life means and how it can corrupt the best of people.

Ah. I love the Doctor. Such a good character.

Anyway this is strange. I’m cheating right now, I didn’t write this on August 5th. I wrote this on the 6th. It’s weird talking about the past as if it were the present.

-Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment