Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgogmogmgomg
My sister is talking to her friend about going to LeakyCon with me………
*CROSSES FREAKING FINGERS*
Ooh. Ooh. Where’s Mo with her good vibes. I need them right now. This blog wasn’t even supposed to be about this. I was going to be blogging about Doctor Who today because I finished and I will but I’m too excited/scared right now. Omgodmfgoidsmgkodmgkdfmg.
OK. DOCTOR WHO. *SPOILERS ALERT*
I was basically hyperventilating through the last three episodes. They were so good. Oh my God. I Got from Turn Left to Journey’s end tonight. Turn Left was frightening, there was an episode similar to this one in Buffy. The episode showed a world without the hero, a world without the Doctor. Catherine Tate’s acting in the episode was amazing; it also showed how great Donna Noble is. Through the Earth’s (and the entire Universe’s I suppose) darkest hour, Donna Noble persevered and saved everyone. She was by far my favorite companion. It was also great to see Rose again after a season full of hidden cameos. I freaked out when she made her first appearance in season 4. Anyway, it was a great episode.
The last two episodes was basically just me sitting as close as possible to the TV and hyperventilating about everything that was happening. First of all, Turn Left ended with Bad Wolf which left me with the general WTF feeling, and then the freaking Earth disappeared. More WTF follows. I was pretty excited when the Doctor said he was bringing Donna to the Shadow Proclamation, I’ve always wondered about it. Also. Oh my God. Ok first let me say, I LOVE reunion episodes. Or like, episodes where everyone comes together. LOVE those. So when I saw Captain Jack and the Torchwood team, Sarah Jane and her son, Martha (I know this is her third appearance but I love Martha) and Rose, I was jumping with excitement on the inside.
The entire episode was just freaking epic, it was interesting seeing the Doctor speak the language of the rhino people (I forgot the name of their species *facepalm*) was interesting haha. I KNEW that the bees disappearing had something to do with the mysterious big bad that doesn’t show itself until the last few episodes. Russell T. Davies is such a good writer, I can’t say whether or not he’s better than Steven Moffat until I’ve watched season 5 (which is apparently written mainly by him) but damn. This episode was brilliant.
I FORGOT TO SAY. HARRIET JONES. I WAS SO HAPPY SHE CAME BACK. I LOVE HER. I did lose respect for her when she destroyed the aliens but I was happy about her return nonetheless.
Another moment in which I freaked out: When I heard EXTERMINATE through the broadcasted message and seeing all the characters react to it. Freaking Daleks man.
Also, the video call with the Doctor and Donna, Martha, Torchwood and Sarah Jane is like my dream Skype call.
Moving on, JOURNEY’S END. Wow. That was so intense, I couldn’t bear it. Before I get into the plot and the ending and blah de blah, JACKIE TYLER CAME BACK! YESSSSSSSSSSSS! I love Jackie. Mickey too I guess.
Right so in general, the episode was extremely well done. Russell T. Davies brilliance continues through this episode. Seeing the Doctor and all of his allies united was so awesome, and the Donna becoming half Time Lord and during that process creating a second Doctor was extremely well planned out. Freaking brilliant. I really liked how this episode really showed how much each of the Doctors companions have changed him using the second Doctor as an example. The Doctor would never have killed all those Daleks because of the perfect mixture of Rose, Martha, and Donna inside him. Though they shared the same appearance, the two Doctors were not the same men. The Rose storyline ended(?) on a good note I think.
I did feel bad for her because she loves the Doctor and he left her with this different man but he was human, he could live with her, he could die with her. Rose understood that and the Doctor knew that she would change him.
I don’t know quite how I feel about the Donna ending. I know it saved her life but Donna left her life at home because she knew it was average and she wanted more, and then she got more (she got more than more) and now has no recollection of it. It worked out for the Doctor because Donna changed him and he’ll always remember her and many others will remember Donna as well but as far she knows nothing in Donna’s life has changed.
It’s sad.
I think I would rather die with all of those memories rather than live without them, but the Doctor would never allow that to happen.
Wow that was a lot of writing about Doctor Who. I think I should wrap this up now.
I hope you enjoyed this blog, I think it’s my nerdiest yet. I’m quite proud.
Chic chic POW. *nerdfighter symbol*
Patrick.
Ahh, I'm happy you blogged about doctor who.
ReplyDeleteomg.
okay.
so.
I LOVED when all the companions came together. Captain Jack <33 and Torchwood. Epicness.
You felt bad for ROSE? Rose is /not/ the one getting the sad ending. She gets the Doctor! She really does.
THink about the actual Doctor. His story is absolutely heartbreaking. He has to give up the woman he loves, and let her love some other man. He has to leave her again. At the end, he's alone. Again. Always.
And Donna's ending was /tragic/. In the Doctor Who confidential for that episode, they talk about how she will probably live the rest of her life never realising her full potential, never doing anything great, just because she honestly doesn't think she's capable of doing anything great. It's so awful. The Doctor made her so much better...and...ahhh.
Gah. So so sad. Now you have five specials! Watch all of them except End of Time part 1 and 2! :)
So not going to lie, I skimmed through most of that because **hides head in shame** I don't watch Dr. Who. I want to, but it seems like such a monumental task, trying to catch up on god knows how many seasons of that tv show. I DO however, adore Buffy.
ReplyDeleteJourney's end is quite possible my /favourite/ Doctor Who episode ever. I cried so much when Donna almost died and then lost all of her memories. Gah. Also, I agree with everything Alex said.
ReplyDeleteMy captcha was "adur", as in, like, "adurdurdurdur". As in Umbridge. xD