I'M AN ASIAN NERD.
It's been proven. Know where I was today? At an anime convention. NO BIG DEAL.
It was so awesome! I honestly didn't get to do much just because I was a) carrying two very heavy bags and it pained me to walk and b) we were performing in the Opening Ceremonies and in this J-pop show. Our performances went really well but as usual, I was a wreck backstage. Whenever I'm about to go on during a play or even during my glee club performance I am always a nervous freaking wreck. I like hyperventilate and get dehydrated and it's awful. It's actually one of the worst feelings ever. But I was dancing for the most part in this my songs and at one point I rapped but rapping is easier than singing. When I was in glee my voice sounded awful because of how nervous I was. It won't happen again. Yes it will. But I'll try to control myself.
The feeling of being up on stage is just so freaking awesome! I was honestly really nervous to rap because I can't even sing in front of people and rapping can be far more embarassing. But the crowd enjoyed and and they were cheering and it just made me feel really good. There was also a lot of love going around all the performers because we would cheer extremely loud for each other and yell things and we were all supporting each other. It was great. I love conventions. They bring people together and despite the fact that I'm a socially awkward nerd, I like meeting new people.
I didn't buy much today unfortunately, but I have a solid list of things I need to buy. I bought one plushie today and it's so cute. I love it :D
I have 195$ in my wallet right now from savings, allowance and refunds for Otakuthon (because we were performing we got refunds :D)
I plan to save some (a lot) of this money for LeakyCon but I don't know how much it's going to be. I get carried away. There are still a ton of other things I want and anime stuff is usually pretty overpriced.
So it's late. And I want to go to bedd. I need to wake up early so I can get to the convention just as it starts. Saturday should be awesome. Especially when I don't have to carry heavy bags.
Hope you enjoyed this short and nerdy blog!
-Patrick
Aww Patrick I used to get really nervous before performing too. Now I try to get into character 10-15 minutes prior to performing, so that way I've sort of become someone else and I'm not even thinking about performing or messing up because I'm just acting. Even when you're just performing as yourself, try to imagine you're this really successful, confident performer, even if you don't feel that way. It works for me. :) <3
ReplyDeleteI hope I explained that in a way you can understand. I'm rubbish at explaining things.
You guys were epic.
ReplyDelete