Oh dear.
So, dear friend Sophie convinced me to make this blog and because I a) have nothing better to do and b) can't say no to Sophie, here I am. Writing to whoever may read this.
Alright so let's start off with the name of this blog..
It's called "I'M IN A RAGE!" mainly because I brought it up in a skype chat and my friends said I should go with it. It's a joke from A Very Potter Sequel, Harry is freaking out and randomly shouts "I'M IN A RAGE!"
It can work in other ways as well, I suppose. In times when I'm actually in a rage I can always return to this blog and complain about why I am in a rage. (That's deep, Patrick. Very deep.)
I honestly wanted to think of something deep for the title of this blog. I searched in the depths of my mind (and the internet) for some quote from either Buffy or Harry Potter to give me inspiration. But I found nothing. So I'm here with I'M IN A RAGE!
So let's go over what I've been doing for the past couple weeks since they've probably been the most eventful weeks of my entire summer.
Last Thursday I drove up to Poughkeepsie to visit some of my internet friends and I had too much fun.
We stayed at my friend Kara's house with a few other people and it had to be one of the best weekends of my entire life.
I'm in a collab channel with 4 of my other friends called NerdfighterRatio, and during the trip to Poughkeepsie I finally met Maddy, the Thursday of our channel which was beyond amazing.
I don't think I'll ever forget the first time I met these people, meeting internet friends IRL for the first time consists of lots of yelling and hugs and you never want to leave them. During that weekend we also went to ROFLCOPTOUR where I met some of my favourite YouTubers and wizard rockers. I even met Kristina Horner (who I have a huge fanboy crush on).
Leaving them at first didn't seem that hard, I knew I would see them again and I could always go back to the skype conversation where most of us were introduced to each other to talk to them as much as I wanted.
I realized a few days after leaving that it was extremely hard.
It's strange how that was the first time meeting them face to face and I didn't even stay with them for very long and still when I left them it felt like I left part of myself behind with them. (That may or may not be due to the fact that Kara is my accidental Horcrux)
So this week was basically a nostalgia-fest inside, combined with stress and fear.
Nostalgia - If you've read this far, you should know why.
Stress - I have this performance thing coming up at an Anime Convention. It's sort of become a tradition with my friends. And because of various reasons I have become totally unreliable to my group. I don't think I'll do this again next year.
Fear - Due to many different reasons my Mom said she might not let me go to LeakyCon 2011. Which is basically my worst fear ever. I missed everything in the Harry Potter fandom, I finished Deathly Hallows less than two months ago. I am NOT missing the experience of seeing the last movie with the people who will really care as much as I do about it. But I will go.
In general news, right now I'm reading A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. It's a pretty good book, I'm liking it. I'm using my awesome Hufflepuff bookmark I bought from the Harry Potter exhibition today.
I forgot to write about that! Right. Harry Potter exhibition in a nutshell:
Tons of awesome movie props everywhere, I pulled a mandrake, I saw a clip of "TROLLL IN THE DUNGEON" and cracked up, and there were no Hufflepuff scarves/hats/ties in the shop and I was offended.
I've also got Freaking Ask Me To The Yule Ball by The Parselmouths stuck in my head. Such a good song. The Parselmouths are freaking awesome. The lack of muggle music in my life right now is kind of sad. I've been listening to some stuff from Darren Criss' new EP on repeat but I doubt that totally counts as muggle music considering the songs I listen to on repeat are Sami and Not Alone, both featured in AVPM. I have been listening to some LIGHTS acoustic and Jack's Mannequin but the Wrock/nerd music has been kind of overpowering the muggle music.
Wow. That was long. (thatswhatshesaid) But I'm glad I did it. Maybe I could start blogging fo shiz. Who knows. Anyway.
Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it. I plan to commit to BEDA so whether you like or not there's more to come :)
See you tomorrow,
PatrickWrocks
PATRICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ughhh I totally agree with how hard it was to leave you guys. so so so so so so soooo hard.
ReplyDeleteAHHHH patrick if you don't go to leakycon ima cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I NEED to see my fellow asain irl again. Tell your mom about the kimonos and the chopsticks. it just HAS to happen
YOU PULLED A MANDRAKE UGH LUCKY DUCK
I can't wait to read more! fjdkalfjk;l so excitinggg
Patrick!! such a good blog
ReplyDeletei love you <3
and I can't say no to you either <3<3<3