Thursday, August 12, 2010

BEDA #12 - Laziness and Otakuthon Excitement

HELLO THERE!

Today's blog is going to be one of those normal blogs that most people wouldn't care about but hopefully you'll still find something enjoyable about it.

So today I basically got to be lazy for the majority of the day. I had to be at the place where Otakuthon is taking place to pick up my badge but that was only at 5. Most of the time before that was spent playing my guitar/uke. I love my uke so freaking much, I'm really happy I learned to play it. I was really inspired by Lauren Fairweather to start learning, she's awesome. I also tried to learn piano today which was interesting. I was talking to Mike Lombardo about learning piano and he told me to buy a book on music theory and that once I know that, I'm pretty much set. So because I'm a) cheap and b) was unable to go and buy a music theory book, I did what your average lazy cheap person would do. I googled "Piano theory". I actually did learn something! Although I don't exactly know MUCH more piano than I used to, I now know that CDEFGAB is the order of piano notes and I was learning how they are written and yeah. Basically I'm still a n00b. But I thought it was a little bit productive.

I was also nervously waiting to find out whether or not my Ash Ketchum cosplay for Otakuthon this weekend would turn out successful. I was told very early in the morning while I was half asleep that the sewing person would be able to do the job. I was very happy but I wasn't quite able to show it as I was too preoccupied with...drooling on my pillow and...attempting to go back to the dream I had just unwillingly escaped, I DON'T KNOW. I'm trying to describe what half-asleep people do but there isn't exactly much. They're either trying to go back to sleep or trying to wake up.

So I stopped playing my wonderful instruments and got ready to go to the pre-Otakuthon party (really wasn't a party). I gathered all the stuff I had to bring to people and after turning back to run back the house 3 times I managed to get on a bus and go. I went with Annie who had just gotten back from China so it was nice seeing her.

The badge pick up was generally pretty boring. There wasn't much to do, you stood in line, presented stuff to the people at the tables and then got your badge. My friends were doing Korean dances in the line which made it somewhat more entertaining to be in.

I also met up with some other friends who I haven't seen since school ended and it was awesome, we got some Tim Hortons and just sat down together and talked and it was fun.

ALSO. I WAS LOOKING THROUGH THE PANELS THAT ARE GOING ON AT OTAKUTHON, AND THERE'S A FREAKING HARRY POTTER SLASH PANEL. FANFICTION FTW.
THERE'S ALSO A "HOW TO GET FAMOUS ON THE INTERNET" PANEL. DUUDE!
Unfortunately they're both 16+ but I'm sure we'll find a way in.
If you don't know, Harry Potter "Slash" is basically a panel that is going to discuss the relationships in Harry Potter, both ones that exist and ones that don't.
I'm excited.

When I got home I got to see the Ash jacket that was made and it looks pretty good! The sleeves are a little bit too long but it still looks awesome. I'll post a picture in full cosplay...err. whenever I HAVE a picture xD
A friend of mine has the hat right now and is colouring it for me because I was too afraid to do it myself.

That was my day interwebz! Did you have a nice day? I hope you did.

OH! I also watched the first special of season 4 of Doctor Who. Or would it be the first special of season 5? Whatever. I watched "The Next Doctor"
Alex told me she didn't really like the episode but I wasn't disappointed by it. It wasn't brilliant but it wasn't awful. I'm excited to see the rest of David Tennant's final moments. I'm a little afraid too, I don't know if I'm ready for Matt Smith. David is just fantastic.

That's it for today folks. I'll see you tomorrow!

-Patrick

1 comment:

  1. n00b. Slash isn't shipping. Like, you said that slash would just be discussing the relationships, fictional and canon, but that would be shipping. Slash is yaoi/yuri. :P Harry Potter Slash would be Draco/Harry, Luna/Hermione. Hahah.
    I'm sad we missed it.

    ReplyDelete