Tuesday, August 3, 2010

BEDA #3 - Nerdy get-togethers and intros.

Greetings dorky friends....let's take a journey...

is what I put when I can't think of a better intro. Maybe I should have a permanent intro like "Hey world, welcome to my universe!" or "Hey beardlovers"
I would do that but I like having something different every day. Thougfh that would probably get difficult as I can't even think of a clver intro for the third day of BEDA.
One day I'll find something and stick with it. 'Til then you'll just have to stick with intro's that may or may not be original. But HOPEFULLY you'll enjoy them.
Maybe I shouldn't even make intro's. Maybe I should just go right into it (that's what she said?) I dunno. Time will decide for me.

RIGHT so.
Otakuthon is next week (the anime convention) and I think I have everything worked out. I have two practices this week, and one on Sunday that I convinced my mother to take me. Win? I think so. I honestly thought she wouldn't let me go to it, but on some level she understands me. I think the fact that I'm an anime nerd actually developed over time and she got used to that and understood that I was a fanboy. I entered the Harry Potter fandom pretty quickly and suddenly so maybe that's why she doesn't quite understand it as much.

This is turning into another pity-party-for-Patrick-because-no-one-understands-him-blog.

Let's not do this.

HAPPIER NEWS!
So today I went over to my Etco's house with Alex and Sophie and we watched the first episode of Doctor Who along with the first episode of Firefly.

Have I mentioned that I freaking LOVE Joss Whedon? I'm literally his biggest fanboy.

I haven't watched Firefly in a long time and it was good to see it again. I don't think I got to fully appreciate it when I watched it. I was quite young, you see. I didn't realize how GREAT the characters and the writing were. *sigh* I love Joss.
Next week is basically going to be a TV/Book marathon for me. I'm going to be at my country house where I really don't have much to do so in that time I plan to....

- Finish Dollhouse, another (CANCELLED >:|) Joss Whedon series which I haven't finished yet.
- Finish Doctor Who season 4.
- Get through a good amount of my book.
- Work for money.

AND IF I HAVE A LOT OF TIME...

- Start Supernatural season 4.

I finished Supernatural season 3 a long time ago and never started season 4 which is sad because I actually own the hard copy of the 4th season. Same with Dollhouse, I've had the first season for a long time but never finished it. Dang EFAO. Taking up ALL my time.

My chances of getting to LeakyCon may or may not have improved. My sister today said "I'll take you" but I couldn't tell if she was serious. Maybe I can convince her next week. Everyone in my family seems super annoyed when I talk about it xD

OH!
So Alex, Sophie, Etco, and I all tried Redvines today! FREAKING INTENSE. loljk
They weren't THAT great. But we also got the jumbo pack so maybe they would have tasted better if they were regular sized. I could just be defending them because of the awesomeness that they contain. I don't really know. So far,
Twizzlers > Redvines if we're comparing taste. But I plan to buy normal sized Redvines soon (if I can find them).

The fact that I FOUND a pack of Redvines makes me feel like more of a Hufflepuff.
*grins*
*straightens Hufflepuff tie*

Wrapping up this blog, wanna know something stupid I did today?
Ok, ok, background details.
At my house I can make jokes that some swearing in them and stuff, anyway I don't swear a ton but with my family it's cool if I do.
So we're in the car today talking about my friend and Alex and I as you may or may not know have a very odd relationship. We are always saying things like "LET'S HAVE SEX." and it's funny. We basically act like we're married or...friends with benefits or whatever. Anyway. When we were talking about my friend I brought up a story that happened a while ago.
On my YouTube channel I have a video of my friends and I performing a dance and I dance with another girl in it.
So Alex one day was like
"WHO IS THIS WHORE?!" and I brought up this story in the car today, completely oblivious that I was in a different car with a different family and her mother was like "I HOPE you don't talk like that." and I felt AWFUL about it.
Alex is one of my closest friends and I would really rather not have her parents think I'm some...bad kid. Yes. Bad kid. Totally not what I meant to say but I'm sure you get the idea.

IT IS 12:01 AND THIS BLOG IS LATE.
THAT IS ALL!
GOODBYE!
My friends are shouting FAIL at me for posting this late. They are laughing about my stress. Bad friends. loljk I love them.

-Patrick

4 comments:

  1. Great. read the first sentence of this blog and now there's a song stuck in my head. thanks bud.

    BAHAHAH your first paragraph was about intros. patrick you make me laugh

    oh un-understanding parents = sadface :(

    Joss Whedon did firefly?!

    aw dang! I finished my blog at 12:02. not bad, my friend. not bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha Kristine, I can empathize. I ADORE Joss Whedon, I spend a summer doing absulutely nothing except watching Buffy, and Firefly went by way too fast. I didn't adore Dollhouse, it was good, but I'm not heartbroken that it got canceled. I hate it when other people's parents judge me. Like they'll give me a ride somewhere and we'll be late, and then my friend is like, "oh well we wouldn't have been so late if Alice didn't take so long to find her shoes" and then the entire car glares at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I think Redvines > Twizzlers.

    And it makes me sad that your parents don't understand your nerdiness. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. *slaps*
    Hha it's okay, my parents wouldn't judge you. I have a LOT worse friends than you.
    They'll just judge me for that story. Thank you very much. xD

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete