Oh hello there.
Welcome to August 2nd a.k.a BEDA #2!
I bet you were excited for this. Don't pretend you weren't. I know you were. Nothing to be ashamed of, I'm just SO freakin' awesome that everyone should be excited for my blogs.
loljk I'm not that awesome.
Alright so today I finally left Ottawa and I'm back home in Montreal! I've been feeling pretty homesick for the last week or so. I've been travelling since last Thursday so I haven't been home in a while. This is why I never went to go away camp, I knew I'd get homesick. Luckily a lot of friends of mine don't go to go away camp either so I wasn't alone all summer.
I think this summer's been pretty good. The highlight was definitely ROFLCOPTOUR/AwesomeCon. I think 2010 was a great year in general, becoming a nerdfighter, entering the Harry Potter fandom, everything has just been awesome.
I haven't been making much progress in the LeakyCon convincing plan. It's really stressing me out/scaring me. I can't imagine not being at Leaky next year, I was talking it over with my Mom today (and by "talking it over" I mean begging her to let me go) and at one point she said
"Why don't you just go when you're 18?" (I told her it only happens every 2 years.)
And I told her that it would be done by then. I don't really know if I meant it but I know something inside me is afraid of what will happen to the fandom after the last movie. If it's going to die then I want to be there at it's peak, which is going to be LeakyCon 2011.
I understand her reasons for not letting me but at the same time it's really not fair. It's at the worst time and she won't give me another chance to go by myself with friends. I messed up my first chance at AwesomeCon but I don't regret it. It really sucks when no one in your family understands you. Last time I brought up how badly I wanted to go to this Harry Potter conference my mother just laughed and my step-father kind of shook his head. They're not bad people they just really do not understand how important it is to me. My father said maybe he'd go with me but I know it's not going to happen. I still have a lot of time to convince so hopefully it'll all work out.
I really don't wanna turn this into an angst-y complaints blog but angst-y complaints are all I really have to write about right now.
OH. Weird story.
I was at Wonderland last week in Toronto and I got a pocket call from my brother. For those of you who don't know, a pocket call is one of those calls you get unintentionally when someone puts their phone in their pocket and it randomly dials a number. Right after I got that call I got a call from the police and these were my first reactions
Reaction 1: WTF?!
Reaction 2: Wow, this voice sounds just like it does in all the movies. (You know the woman voice on the police line who says "911 emergency, is there a problem?" or something along those lines?) It sounded almost identical.
So I'm assuming it was just an accidental pocket call to them but I usually lock my phone and it was just strange.
I really don't have much else to say for today! I'm glad Sophie told me to make this blog. I'm one of those people who really don't express themselves enough. I don't talk about my problems much or write music about them or etc. So I'm glad I can write about them.
Anyway.
Something that made me really happy today: http://bit.ly/a8tq87
Quote of the day: "When I was in 6th grade they showed us a video of worms having sex while an old man sang the song "Worms Exchanging Sperms" in the background. It was the oddest experience of my life." - Maddy
I found that very amusing xD
PS - I'm addicted to the AVPS soundtrack. I made a StarKid playlist on my iTunes and I've been playing it for the last few hours.
That's it for today,
Patrick out, bitches.
"why dont you go when you're 18" BAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHA oh my. please show your mom the video. please. she'll understand that leaky is not something you can miss.
ReplyDeleteOMG! My parents do that SAME THING. they just DON'T UNDERSTAND. but the thing is, I'm 18, so they're not gonna push me around THAT much.
HAHA you canadians call it pocket call!? us 'muricans call it BUTT DIAL. Wtf we're so weird.
hahah "patrick out bitchess"
oh patrickk <3
I really hope you can come to LeakyCon :(
ReplyDeleteHahaha, worms exchanging sperms xD
Haha the maddy quote.
ReplyDeleteand you're coming to leakycon, that's that.
and one time I accidentally called the police while i was in a plane about to take off. I was terrified they'd stop the plane or something. xD
My parents don't get it either, but they've come to this point where they've realized that I've liked this one thing since the second grade, and that its not going to change any time soon. I don't think ANY of our parents can relate, because they didn't get to experience the fandom the way we did. Anyways, I really enjoyed reading your blog, and I hope your parents come around!
ReplyDeleteHello. I somehow ended up here.
ReplyDeleteI know what it feels, when parents wonät let you do something, but they only do it, because they care about you, but I must admit, it's sometimes annoying.
I live so far away from leaky, so I'm not even trying to tell my parents about it.
I'm doing BEDA too, but it's in Estonian, so noone wouldn't understand about it.